Saturday, January 8, 2011

Don't Stop Till You Get Anoff

It all started with Ravioli. Part of my Christmas vacation was spent with my fabulous friend Wylie making delicious butternut squash and ricotta spinach ravioli's for a friend in the middle of a big, and sure to be incredible Art installation ( The excellent Mandy Greer). Wylie came up with a great idea - to get together once in awhile and cook food for incredible people who are incredibly busy. Such a fantastic idea! I will let you know how it goes, it's my turn to pick someone next!


Ok, Stroganoff. When we ran out of ravioli filling I made some regular pasta from the egg dough. I can be a bit picky about what egg pasta is good for. Mostly I think it suits hearty stews and things well, not so much regular pasta sauce.

I decided to try my hand at Beef Stroganoff. I haven't ever really made it, but have fond memories of it as a kid. I chose a cooking light recipe but really can't bring myself to buy low fat dairy products so didn't quite follow it. I used the slow cooker, because its easy, but didn't get it started until a bit late.

The man and I decided on Brussels sprouts and carrots to accompany (because that is what we had) and mostly followed this recipe.

Despite, the beef ending up a bit underdone because of my trying to rebel against the cooking time. The verdict is- Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment