Monday, September 26, 2011

Progress


       So, I am sure that you are all staying up at a night wondering how I am doing on my goals! I feel like some significant progress has been made on all of them and for now, things seem to be going in the right direction. I haven’t butchered a whole chicken yet but I have been studying up all about it. I made cassoulet a few weeks ago though and instead of the convenient boneless skinless chicken thighs I usually buy (which run
around $8-$10 a package, I bought a package of drumsticks for $2.50 (organic from Trader Joe’s). Butchering drumsticks is a bit gross but I ended up with more than enough meat and froze the bones for stock later. 
The mural is coming along at a much slower pace than I had originally anticipated, who knew cutting out pixels with an exacto knife would be so hard! It, luckily, has gotten past the point where I start to doubt my sanity and is starting to have potential for awesome. 


This last pic is a close up of how I'm laying the guide out on the wall and tracing around it. The pixelation is ridiculous, it will be great, but right now it's crazy!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment